year in review
July 3, 2011 § Leave a comment
Today is the last day of my 28th year on this planet (that’s roughly 10,220 days!). Reflecting on the year, I am overjoyed with every memory, every mistake, and the entire journey! I decided to share a short list of the year’s accomplishments in no particular order.
In the last year I…
- Grew exponentially as a human, a spiritual being, and as an artist
- Took on photography commissions and earned a new camera!
- Turned our spare bedroom into an art studio
- Opened up an Etsy shop for my photography (and soon to be more art!)
- Kept my debt snowball rolling, knocked out another credit card and paid off a car loan
- Bought a (used) car with cash!
- Finished a three year teaching fellowship
- Earned my teaching credential
- Learned to care for my personal well-being (and that it’s not selfish to do so!)
- Learned to cook and eat healthier (I heart kale!)
- Learned to be comfortable in my own skin and love my body
- Started meditating daily
- Conquered anxiety
- Forgave myself for past mistakes
- Forgave others for theirs
- Learned to let go of past hurts
- Learned to be less judgmental of others and, in turn, less critical of myself
- Learned to let go, let go, let go…
And most importantly, learned to take it all one small step at a time. I have no idea what 29 holds for me but I’m excited to see what unfolds!